Laura has a passion for working with people and walking with them through their life experiences and to help them toward their identified goals. Laura sees counseling as a safe place to address the thoughts about ourselves and the world and to evaluate how these thoughts impact our emotions and behaviors. Laura utilizes the counseling process to strengthen coping skills, thought-changing skills, as well as conflict resolution and communication skills. Laura works with adults, couples, and families.
Laura’s counseling experience includes:
- Chemical Dependency/Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Family / Relationship issues
- Self Esteem
- Body Issues/Eating Issues
- Grief / Loss
- Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County, 2011-2012
- Integrated Psychotherapeutic Services, 2012-2016
- Dallas County Criminal Justice Jail Diversion, 2016-Current
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two young children, as well as spending time with friends, cooking, traveling, and being outdoors.
Counseling Approach and Areas of Practice
Laura utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational interviewing techniques. She also has experience in the areas of chemical dependency, relational issues, as well as trauma. Laura sees the process of counseling as one that is relational and collaborative. It is through counseling that we get the opportunity to see how we view ourselves, relate with others, and respond to the challenges of life.
Education and Licensure
- MA – Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, TX / May 2012
- BA – Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL/ May 2008
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), since 2014
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC), since 2013