Dr. MacKay is a Licensed Psychologist, providing psychological evaluations for children and adults in the DFW area since 2013. She specializes in providing psychological evaluations for children with clinical diagnoses in non-traditional family settings, such as foster care, in pre and post-adoption, and in blended families. She also provides training to clinical social workers, therapists, and foster parents in the Trust-Based Relational Intervention© model of care and treatment as a TRBI© Educator.
She is married and is biological mother to her school-aged son, adoptive mother to two school-aged daughters (adopted from foster care), and also as a step-mother to her adult-aged son and daughter. Dr. MacKay homeschools her children in a Classical Conversations community where she tutors English. She and her husband are members of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, where they volunteer together.
Counseling Approach and Areas of Practice
While Dr. MacKay specializes in testing and assessment, she will frequently enter into a therapeutic relationship with the parents of the children she evaluates to help them discover more about their attachment styles and design interventions to improve the overall dynamics of the home.
Education and Licensure
- Licensed Psychologist, TX #36311
- Trust-Based Relational Interventions© (TBRI©) Educator since 2014
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology from Texas School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, 2013
- MA in Clinical Psychology from Texas School of Professional Psychology, 2011
- MS in Human Relations and Business from Amberton University, 2005
- BS in Business from Stephen F. Austin State University, 1997