Barbara D'Souza, LCSW
Masters in Social Work - University of Minnesota (1997)
B.A. Psychology and Secondary Education - Cornell College
Induvidual and Family Therapy
Substance Abuse issues
Family therapy related to divorce, substance abuse, sexual, emotional, physical abuse, neglect, wraparound services for children and families, training Child Protective Services personnel to provide support to families struggling with emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Internship – Northwest Community Mental Health Center
- Internship – State of Minnesota – Children’s Mental Health Department
- Peer Advocate – Student counseling and advocacy
- YWCA – Rape Crisis Counselor – Rape crisis support and counseling services
- Students for an Assault Free Environment Advocate - Crisis-line management, court watch – domestic and sexual assault adjudication, crisis support services to victims of domestic and sexual assault.
- Humana-Clinical Advisor – Manage mental and substance abuse health care benefits – (2013 - present)
- CIGNA – Autism and outpatient care management (2009-2013)
- University of Minnesota - Community University Health Care Center – psychotherapy to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. (2007-2009)
- The Mental Health Collective – outpatient psychotherapy with adults, couples, families, children and adolescents (2005-2006)
- St Joseph’s Home for Children –day treatment therapy (2004-2005)
- Washington County Human Services – psychotherapy for local residents of Washington Co, MN (1999-2003)
- Regions Hospital – On-call social services for patients, information and referral, psychosocial assessments of patients (1997 -1999)
Barbara has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for over 13 years. She migrated to the US in March of 1970. Barbara loves to travel, meet new people and experience other cultures and environments. Family is very important to her. Barbara has family all over the US, and Canada, as well as all other parts of the world. She has 2 nieces and one nephew. Barbara has spent most of her life in the Midwest, but now calls Dallas home.